Friday, September 12, 2008

Fabulous Fall

Starbucks has started serving their Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and I am overjoyed. They are hands down my favorite specialty drink from there. Nothing makes me happier than when I start seeing those orange, red, and brown colors entering retail shops. Ok well Im sure there are things that do make me happier, but just go with it. My favorite time of year is just around the corner, fabulous Fall! Unfortunately where I live, It takes a little longer for the leaves to start changing color and for the air to turn cooler. We're lucky if we get some cool days before November.

There is something about this time of year that changes people. The holidays are about to begin, the ovens are warming up, and the fireplaces are getting ready to be used again. I always find myself in a better mood when Im decorating the house with pumpkins and various spooky things for Halloween, and dreaming up what to cook up for Thanksgiving.
Baking is probably one of my favorite things during the season. The smell of apple crisps and pumpkin spice muffins fill my house up, and of course we always seem to gain about 10 pounds.
Im excited for this year. We are settled in our house,(last year we closed on our house on October 31st!), we're planning for hosting some get-togethers and I finally just feel at home.

As much as I do love Fall I don't think I will ever get the same feeling I got as a child during the season until maybe I have children of my own. I only hope to fill their childhoods up with all those pumpkin picking, cupcake decorating, Halloween parties, and Thanksgiving dinners I still find dear.
Oh yea, I also just bought my first bag of candy corn of the season:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fall is by FAR my favorite time of year, too. I can't wait to start buying fall wedding decorations. We may have to meet on that one. I'd LOVE your opinion on how to decorate this thing :)